Today we can finally forget about the times when website building was a luxury. What is more, the newest resources bring us all the possibilities to develop business. As a result, your online child will not look like a primitive landing page. Actually, now you can create an eye-catching online store without a hitch. Once Bill Gates said: ‘Information technology and business are becoming inextricably interwoven. I don’t think anybody can talk meaningfully about one without the talking about the other.’ We can’t deny it! Given these points, in this post, we will tell you how to create WooCommerce store. Honestly speaking, it is as easy as ABC! You don’t need to have website building experience to have your web shop done. Therefore, let’s move to our fresh step-by-step guide.
Obviously, there are a lot of incredible WooCommerce themes to choose from. Let’s imagine that you have already found your very product. So, what will be your next step?
What will you find in this article ?
- 1st Step to Create WooCommerce Store: Plugin Installation
- 2nd Step to Create WooCommerce Store: Activation
- 3rd Step to Create WooCommerce Store: Let’s Go!
- 4th Step to Create WooCommerce Store: Continue
- 5th Step to Create WooCommerce Store: Choose Your Location
- 6th Step to Create WooCommerce Store: Payments
- What Should You Do Next?
- Create Your First Product
- What Are the Other Tabs for
- How to Make Your eCommerce Site More User-friendly?
1st Step to Create WooCommerce Store: Plugin Installation
At the outset, you will need to install WooCommerce plugin. For these simple reasons, you can get it from WordPress repository. By the way, it is completely free. On the other hand, you are able to install WooCommerce plugin with the help of your own dashboard.
- Firstly, go to WordPress Admin;
- Then find there ‘Plugins’;
- Navigate to ‘Add New’;
- Find there ‘WooCommerce plugin’
- Finally, you can click on Install button.
To finish with, don’t forget to check that you will get the latest version of WooCommerce. It has a lot of benefits that you will certainly need someday.
2nd Step to Create WooCommerce Store: Activation
Well, this is a pretty short point. As soon as you downloaded the plugin, make sure you have activated it. To activate WooCommerce plugin just click on the blue button on the screen.
3rd Step to Create WooCommerce Store: Let’s Go!
Your next step will be clicking on ‘Let’s Go’ button. Obviously, you are able to skip this moment. Still, we recommend you to perform this action. All in all, with it, you will learn more information about WooCommerce.
4th Step to Create WooCommerce Store: Continue
As you can see, WooCommerce will ask you to create several basic pages to finish the installation. Don’t be afraid, as all the pages will be created automatically. They are Shop, Checkout, Cart, and My Accounts.
5th Step to Create WooCommerce Store: Choose Your Location
Needless to say, WooCommerce store provides you with multiple possibilities. Thus, you can sell not only physical but digital items as well. Would you like to ship your products? Do you want to enable taxes? In this case, don’t forget to choose the proper settings.
6th Step to Create WooCommerce Store: Payments
This step offers you to choose the payment processor you prefer to work with.
Well, now your WooCommerce store is officially launched. As you can see, there is nothing complicated. Still, we have so many things to tell you about. Thus, continue reading!
What Should You Do Next?
Now, when your WooCommerce store is created, it is time to think about its prosperity. What should you do to attract prospects? How can you get higher search results for your eCommerce site? What are the main features your online shop should have?
To begin with, let’s think about the technical part of your web shop. Have you already chosen a ready-made WooCommerce theme? As we have already mentioned, the internet offers us a rich variety of these products. How can you choose? To make things easier, we prepared for you the list of must-have functions for your WooCommerce store.
- First of all, you will need a properly working cart. We recommend you to get one based on Ajax. With it, the customers will be able to add the items to the cart or remove them without reloading the page. It makes shopping process faster and more comfortable.
- Secondly, don’t forget about Wishlist. It should also be Ajax-based. Thus, people will simply add the goods to Wishlist in a single click of a mouse.
- Thirdly, you need to get a powerful Compare plugin. It will let clients compare several items by their features, sizes, prices, etc. As a result, your visitor will quickly choose the needed product.
- Fourthly, think about Live Search. Shortly, the feature allows the online guests of your eCommerce site to see the search results while they are typing. With it, people will find exactly what they are looking for. What is more, they will also see your popular products.
- Finally, we recommend you to get a fully responsive design. With its help, your WooCommerce store will always look professional. Therefore, customers will be able to enter it via any gadget with any screen size.
Needless to say, these were just to name a few. A thoroughly created WooCommerce theme contains much more must-have features. Thus, don’t forget to check the list of your template’s functions.
Create Your First Product
At the outset, open your dashboard to create the first product of your WooCommerce store. Next, navigate to WordPress Admin. Find there Products tab and open Add Product. Your next step will be creating a title and a short description of the product. Are you going to sell digital products? Needless to say, in this case, you will not need shipping. Thus, select the needed options and show that your item is downloadable. Also, you can set here two prices. The first one is the regular price of the product. The second one will be the price for sales. To do it open General tab.
Selling digital items, you may also want to customize the download limit and add the time when your offer expires. What is more, don’t forget to select file type for your WooCommerce store’s products. Remember that each type has the particular settings, so it is an important moment.
What Are the Other Tabs for
Before you will publish the item, you need to know how to work with other tabs.
- Thus, Inventory tab allows you customizing the options to manage your online shop. Using it, you are able to create a stock status, allow backorders, etc.
- Using the Linked Products, you can group your items. As we have already mentioned, products categories make your eCommerce site more user-friendly. Therefore, don’t hesitate to group your goods.
- Would you like to enable reviews? You can do it thanks to Advanced tab.
- Finally, open Attributes tab to enter additional information to the item.
Congratulations! Your first product is added.
How to Make Your eCommerce Site More User-friendly?
Without a doubt, everybody wants their online projects to be popular, especially when we are talking about eCommerce. The thing is that today it is the most well-liked business model. Thus, there are already a lot of websites for any business type. Seeing that, we recommend you to make your WooCommerce store as comfortable as possible. All in all, we all have our bosses. They are our clients. Thus, your business will not be successful if your prospect doesn’t like it.
To begin with, make sure that you have a user-friendly navigation. Below you can see several tips that will help you.
- Before all else, we recommend you to sort the products. For these reasons, create different categories and subcategories. This step will help your prospects to find the needed item immediately. Furthermore, with product categories, the visitors of your eCommerce website will view out more products.
- In addition, use the relevant filters. Let people search by color, size, price, country, brand, etc.
- Also, work with the header of your online shop. Place there all the necessary icons like cart, wishlist, blog, and more. Additionally, we recommend you to put contacts and shipping information to the header and footer of your WooCommerce site.
- Another must-have thing to help you with creating a user-friendly interface is a sticky menu. In a word, this menu will remain on the top of your page. Therefore, people will not need to go back all the way to get another page.
- What is more, use a nice back-to-top button. It will be a good thing if someone decides to go back.
Now you can finally focus on the development of your WooCommerce store. We hope that this article will be helpful for our readers. Have you ever built an eCommerce site before? In this case, don’t forget to share your experience with us!