There are lots of e-commerce WordPress plugins available in the market. However, not all of them are suitable for your needs. Some plugins target sellers of physical goods that require inventory and shipping management, while others are tailored towards selling digital products such as music, photos, and eBooks.
On the other hand, some plugins can handle both types of products. Thus, your choice of a plugin will depend on the kind of goods you are offering the market and the kind of features you need to run your web store. Here is a collection of the best e-commerce WordPress plugins for your website.
WooCommerce is the most popular e-commerce plugin worldwide. It powers about 30 percent of the online stores and has been downloaded over ten million times. This plugin is developed by the WooThemes team, and it is available for free download at the WordPress repository. It lets you create and manage every aspect of your online store from your dashboard with simplicity.
Here are the advantages of using WooCommerce:
- WooCommerce comes with hundreds of themes and extensions, making it easy to increase the features of your website.
- It supports both physical and digital goods.
- It gives you the ability to sell affiliate and external products in your store.
- WooCommerce comes with inbuilt support for payment and shipping options. This means, it supports many popular payment gateways and using extensions, you can add more payment options.
The following are the disadvantages of WooCommerce:
- The settings page has too many options, and this can be daunting for a new user.
- WooCommerce may not support some themes. Thus, you have to find a compatible theme to take advantage of its features.
WooCommerce is completely free and the potential of customization is impressive. So what are you waiting to improve your SEO with this plugin?
Another excellent e-commerce WordPress plugin esteemed for its robust functionality and range of features is MarketPress. Whether you want to sell digital or material goods, MarketPress has you covered. The plugin is easy to use for both you and your customers, and it comes with everything you may need to set up a WordPress web store, including a shopping cart.
The plugin also allows you to keep the images of your products in a gallery separately. This feature is important especially when you want to add a product catalog to your website for new arrivals and upcoming products. Building an online store and installing plugins is just the beginning. You need to create an excellent user experience and customer loyalty too to be in business. MarketPress comes with more than 15 payment methods to make it easy for you to receive payment from your clients, including PayPal.
- The following are the advantages of using MarketPress:
- It offers lots of customization options
- It comes with a shopping cart
- You can disallow particular categories of people from making purchases
- The disadvantages of MarketPress are:
- It integrates a limited number of payment gateways.
- Advanced features and functionality are available in the premium version only Easy Digital Downloads
MarketPress will offer you a lot of themes and functionalities to improve your interface. As it’s allows you to keep the images of your products in a gallery separately, you’ll be able to add and remove product easily. It will help you gain some time!
3. Easy Digital Downloads
Easy Digital Downloads is a plugin that enables you to sell digital products online with ease. It is easy to use and comes bundled with features to build a beautiful and functional digital products shop.
The following are the advantages of using Easy Digital Goods:
- It is designed to sell digital downloads. Thus, it offers a better experience for selling such products.
- It is easy to use, even for newbies.
- It has hundreds of extensions for integrating many payment gateways, services, and platforms.
- The plugin has awesome support and excellent documentation.
The disadvantages of using Easy Digital Downloads are:
- As the name suggests, this plugin was designed for selling digital goods. If you want to sell tangible products, the process can get quite complicated.
- If you want to sell affiliate or external products, you must install a third-party add-on.
Easy Digital Downloads will give you the possibility to create discounts codes easily. To boost your conversion rate do not hesitate to go for this plugin!
Shopp is an excellent and well-coded e-commerce plugin built to enhance your website’s incoming traffic and performance, making your online store easy to use for you, your customers, and your sales team. It is ready for free download at the WordPress repository and comes bundled with a plethora of essential e-commerce features that enable you to set up your website within minutes.
Right out of the box, this plugin comes with lots of templates and layouts making your web store more appealing to interact with. If you are into excellent and hassle-free performance, then this is the right plugin for you.
The advantages of using Shopp are:
- It comes with pre-installed templates and layouts.
- It is easy to set up.
- It enhances your website’s performance
The disadvantages of using Shopp are:
- It has limited functionality.
- It has limited free support, and if you need help, you have to pay for support and access to the community forums.
Shopp is an excellent key toy to secure shopping carts as well. The plugin is made for developers, and will simplify your life without any doubts!
5. iThemes Exchange
iThemes Exchange is developed by the team behind the popular BackupBuddy plugin, and it is a strong contender in the WordPress e-commerce category.
iThemes Exchange has many advantages such as :
- It supports both physical goods and digital downloads. It also includes an add-on to sell subscriptions and memberships on your site.
- It is quick and effortless to set up. When you activate it, a setup wizard guides you through setting up your website, the products you are going to trade, and how you are going to receive payments.
- iThemes offers you an intuitive user interface that helps you to add products and manage your e-commerce website effectively.
- Where most plugins charge you between 40 and 80 dollars for the Stripe add-on, iThemes gives you this add-on free of charge.
The disadvantages of using iThemes include:
- A small user community. Even though iThemes provides plenty of support, documentation, and add-ons, its user community is still growing.
Thanks to iThemes Exchange you will build a strong intuitive user interface. Easy to use you just have to stall, activate and choose your payment methods. All it takes is five minutes to create your website and sell online!!
Now that you know the best e-commerce WordPress plugins for your website, you need to choose the right one. This decision will solely be determined by the kind of products you intend to sell, the kind of features you need, and the payment gateways you want to integrate into your website. What are your favorite e-commerce WordPress Plugins? Tell us below or Tweet us!