Are you looking for dropshipping with Amazon and a Shopify or Woocommerce store? In this article, we are going to explain to you how to do dropshipping with this platform, but selling all your products through your own e-commerce with your own brand.
If you take advantage of this system correctly, you will be able to provide your e-commerce easily and without paying wholesale fees or integrations.
Keep in mind when doing dropshipping with Amazon following this method:
- In this article, we are not talking about creating your own account and selling on Amazon through this platform. We’re talking about having your own e-commerce and that, when someone buys, Amazon is the one that sends the product.
- This method is completely manual and may not work for you if your store starts to record a high number of sales. In the event that you start selling very recurrently, you should consider looking for another provider or working with the Amazon affiliate system.
It’s surprising that there aren’t more people taking advantage of this method. They may not even be aware that you can do something so simple and make money, as this method is not “official”. Amazon does not offer any dropshipping features or options.
How to do dropshipping with amazon step by step
- First of all, you will need your own e-commerce. It doesn’t matter what platform you set it up with. Just make sure it works and is optimized for conversion.
- Create your own Amazon account. We’re not talking about a professional account, an ordinary user account is enough for you.
- We take it for granted that you have already chosen your e-commerce niche. If so, just browse Amazon and choose the products you would like to sell in your store.
- Create an Amazon wishlist and add all those products you have chosen. Make sure all of them are labelled as Amazon Prime. This way, you make sure that the product is in a warehouse owned by Amazon and that the shipment is made by Amazon Prime.
- Do you already have all the chosen products? Register them in your store. Optimize the product sheets with images, worked descriptions, etc..
- Choose a product price that gives you a sufficient margin, but that is competitive (yes, we know it’s not that easy, but that’s what it has to sell!). Remember that the margin has to cover the advertising costs you are going to incur.
- Once the products are published in your e-commerce, publicize your store on Amazon. How to do this is up to you: social network campaigns, SEO, AdWords, email marketing … There are dozens of options with which to promote e-commerce.
- When you register a sale, go to your Amazon account and order the same item for your customer. Enter the customer’s address and contact details as the recipient of the shipment.
- When ordering, be sure to check the “Order as a Gift” option in the shopping cart. This will remove the invoice price. You can even add a personalised note from your shop.
- Use your own address and billing information. For shipping information, put the address of your customers where you want the package delivered. We have called this system “dropshipping with Amazon” because Amazon will send the package directly to the customer.
Some advice to do dropshipping with Amazon
- By recommending that you choose products labelled as Amazon Prime, we have done so that there are no problems with shipping and that the product is of quality. However, it is important NOT to abuse the free shipping of your Prime account. This is directly against Amazon’s policy and could result in your account being cancelled.
The best option is for you to pay for the shipping yourself (most will cost less than 10 euros) and to offset the cost by charging it to your own e-commerce as well.
- A typical concern is that the customer receives a box from Amazon and is not satisfied. Many consumers are fully aware of the dropshipping system, and really don’t care as long as they receive their order on time and in good condition. If you also include a note on the gift invoice that mentions your brand, 9 out of 10 will assume that your business simply sells on Amazon, like many other companies.
What do you think of this system to do dropshipping on Amazon? It is not orthodox, but it can be an option for an ecommerce with a volume of sales not too high. Have you tried something similar? Tell us in the comments or on our social networks.